Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of the Final Task

   Hello, my name is Darwin Rodriguez. I am a student at Fort Lauderdale High School. I am in 10th grade, and currently taking AICE Media Studies. I want to take this course to learn more about the filming process, which may help me in the future, since I haven't decided what career it is I want to pursue. My hobbies are playing video games, watching TV and movies. My interests consists of designing (clothes, architecture, website/app, graphic, etc.), psychology, technology, and more. I also enjoy videos and photography. Whenever I am watching a movie or looking images online, I analyze the image/video and appreciate it. I hope to learn a lot more in my Media Studies class.

   As of now, I have been in AICE Media Studies for about five months. In those five months in this class, I have made a commercial and a music video with my different partners. These two projects have taught me many things about the film and editing process. With the commercial introducing me to it, and the music video helping me gain more experience. In the commercial, we first tried out the basic angles and camera movements, learned how to work the camera, and how to edit. When we began doing the music video, we learned about more camera angles and movements. Since the music video is 1 minutes and 15 second, we had much more time, so therefore we had to shoot more scenes and try out different angles and lighting. I'm most excited to try out new angles that I hadn't used before, as well as new movements, lightings, sounds, and more. Because this final task will be 2 minutes, I hope to utilize this extra time by making a great film, using new features and qualities.

   A pitch is a term used with movie producers where it describes an idea for a film, and it's usually summarized in the most 25 sentences. Most pitches are done with one sentence. We came up with three pitches for our final task:

-Pitch One: A group of friends hang out by a pool, when two of the friends jump into the pool trying to retrieve a phone that fell into it, when they realized they have swapped bodies.
-Pitch Two: A teenage girl is getting ready to go out with her friends at night, when she decides to hitch a right with a complete stranger.
-Pitch Three: A teenage love story between a boy and girl where the girl thinks they have a nice connection and feelings, but in reality he is just using her for her smarts.

Below are some images of us discussing our pitch ideas:



   

No comments:

Post a Comment